10/16/08

Yet Another Apology is in Order

I'm sorry for the lack of Nifty Thrifty Thursday for the third week in a row, but once again life has gotten in the way. The last 48 hours have been absolutely nuts! Hunker down in your home theater seating and I'll share...

It all started Tuesday night at the end of Matthew's football practice. I noticed he had an ice pack in his hand, and though I had been there the entire time, I had not a clue as to what had happened. He took the ice pack off of his thumb and proceeded to show me that the bottom part of his thumb was now, "twice the size it usually is."

Wednesday morning, it was bruised and no smaller than it had been the night before. We wrapped it up, gave him a Motrin and an ice pack and off to school he went. When he got home, it only looked worse and it was kind of hard, so I called his Dr. office. A quick conversation with the nurse and he had an appointment set for one hour later.

5 minutes with the Dr. and we were handed orders for x-rays at Akron Children's Hospital. I have no idea how to get there, so we headed home and Mike drove the lot of us up there. About an hour later and we found out he just has a bad sprain with multiple contusions. That was good news, but he has to miss playing in his last game of the season. BIG bummer for a kid who loves football.

This morning, I had to finish the 6 pinatas that I had started on yesterday morning, went to work, picked up the boys and headed to the dentist for our appointments, stopped at home to pick up the pinatas and some drinks and we were off to the annual bonfire for Matthew's football team. After getting home, Steven started being really whiny and cranky. I figured he was just tired, but he quickly changed my mind when he threw up all over the kitchen floor.

He has no fever, but his tummy hurts. I don't know if he swallowed something at the dentist's office (it was his first cleaning), if he ate something bad at the bonfire, if it was too much sweets and running around at the bonfire or if he picked up a bug somewhere.

So that was the last couple of days here. Whew! When it rains, it pours! I'm ready for a few quiet days. :o)

No comments: