Today, I'm continuing a list of thrifty changes we can all make. Part 1 can be found by clicking here. These changes can save you more than just money. They can save time, the environment and your sanity. I think we can all agree that those are precious commodities these days!
Please note an addition to this week's post. Along with the coupon sites, freebies and bargain links below, I've added some links to direct product coupons. Please also note that I am not compensated for any of the links in my Nifty Thrifty Thursday posts. I post these links because they are sites or links I think can help save you time or money.
Now, without further ado, here is part 2:
8. Pretreat stains on clothing. This will shorten the time- or number of times- you will need to wash it to get it clean. A while back, I posted about stain removal tips.
9. Shorten the wash time when you set your washer. The shorter cycle will use less energy and unless the load is made up of heavily soiled items, it will clean just as well as a long cycle.
10. Dry clothes on a clothesline. You can put a line up in your basement or on an enclosed porch for rainy days. I use a shower curtain rod in my laundry room and hang items on hangers. Line-drying saves energy and saves many of your clothes from wearing out so fast.
11. When using a dryer, use the low heat setting as much as possible. Most clothes don't need to be dried on high and the high heat can break fabrics down quicker than low heat. I also like to try and run 2 loads back-to-back so the dryer doesn't have to heat itself up again.
12. Run a fan in your basement to circulate the air. It will help keep the house cooler in summer and will keep the heat circulating under your floors in the winter.
13. Change your bulbs to compact fluorescent bulbs. I noticed a huge difference in my electric bill when I did this in our house. Fluorescent bulbs give off the same amount of light while using less wattage to do it.
14. Use the backs of papers for kids doodles and for notes, phone messages, etc. I use old school papers, backs of junk mail letters and papers that I get from my town council meetings. I cut the pages in quarters and keep some at the computer desk to make notes on.
15. Change your shower head to a water-conserving one. New shower heads can create the same or more pressure while using much less water. They are worth it!
16. Use the window shades or curtains to keep heat out of the house. Especially in the afternoon, I pull the shades on the west side of the house to keep the heat from the sun out.
17. If you run an air conditioner or central air, keep it running. It will be much more efficient if it is kept constant. Otherwise, it will have to re-cool the entire house each time. Turn it up or down as needed, but leave it on. The same can be said of your heat in the winter.
PRODUCT COUPON LINK$
Click here for a 10% off coupon for Vaseline Intensive Rescue™Moisture Locking Lotion.
Click here for a $.55 off coupon for On Country Crock® Omega Plus.
Click here for a $1.00 off coupon for any Baskin-Robbins® Sundae!
Click here to visit Kraft Foods July 4th promo. SAVE $3.00 on any ONE (1) PLANTERS product (9 oz or larger) when you buy any THREE (3) KRAFT, NABISCO or OSCAR MAYER products (excluding single serve packages).
Click here to visit a page with 4 coupon offers for Dawn Dish Washing Products!
Click here for a $1.00 coupon off of Chinet Casuals.
PRINTABLE COUPON $ITE$
GROCERY AD $ITE$
MyGroceryDeals.com Type in your zip code and find the nearest grocery deals from local stores!Aldi.com sign up for their FREE email newsletter and receive their ad in your inbox!
Ebates. Click here to sign up for Ebates:http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?id=32644971. Use my email: mhlessiter(at)zoominternet(dot)net as your referral and we'll each get $5!!
PAID WRITING/BLOGGING $ITE$
Zwaggle is a great online consignment shop.
Websquare offers many of the latest online coupons and deals from stores like Dell, Office Depot and 1-800-Flowers!
Bradsdeals.com is a site that is full of coupons, coupon codes and the latest deals on the web!
FREEBIE$ (new additions to the freebie list are listed first)
Click here for a FREE sample of Greenies pet treats!
Click here for a FREE sample of STOPAIN arthritis cream!
Click here for a FREE sample of Under Jams!
Click here for a FREE sample of Eucerin Calming Creme!
Click here for a FREE sample of Airborne Power Pixies!
Click here for a FREE sample of GlucoBurst.
Click here for a FREE sample of AZO! (You can also download a coupon on this page.)
Click here to visit Baen Free Library- Book Downloads!!!
Click here for a FREE sample of Purex!
Click here for a FREE sample of Kotex!
Click here for a FREE sample of KY Intrigue!
Click here for a FREE sample of Dove Pro-Age!
Click here for a FREE sample of Alterna Hair Care!
Click here to sign up for a FREE sample of Metamucil!
Click here to sign up for a FREE sample of Sunsilk shampoo!
Click here for a FREE sample of Aquafresh Extreme Clean!
Click here to sign up for a free sample of Tide with Dawn® StainScrubbersTM!
Get FREE magazines at lowpricesubs. No kidding!
Click here to visit Walmart's Free Sample page.
FREE sample of Aquaphor here! (This is one of my favorite products!!!)
Check out VistaPrint. They have monthly freebies listed under "Free Products" in the left hand column.
Please notify me of any broken, expired or non-working links. Thanks!
Join me every Thursday for more thrifty tips and links! Now get out there and $ave $ome money!!!