6/29/08

Nice Surprises

Saturday was filled with lots of nice surprises here!

First, I had my garage sale. Setup was smooth and we had nice weather. The boys had a lemonade stand and sold about 2.5 gallons. Not too bad for our rural little street. Of course, I had about 3 or 4 glasses myself, but it was darn good lemonade. :o)

It was threatening to rain all day, but the rain held off until 4 PM which was exactly when I was closing up. Perfect timing!

Also with perfect timing was the call I got from Tim and Stephanie. They were in the area and wanted to stop by! I have been wanting to find out when they'd be back up this way and here they were! It was just the right time because we had no plans for the evening, Matthew had just come home from a party and Steven was getting antsy for someone to play with. The kids had a blast and we got to kick back and catch up. My only complaint is that the visit was too short. Wait, I have another one... I didn't get a picture again. Next time.

So after our visit and cleaning up from the garage sale, I lounged in my recliner and could have fallen right to sleep. My eyelids were starting to get heavy when Mike called from his parent's house and told me their old neighbors who had moved to Texas a few years ago were in town. We all went down to catch up with them.

Its always nice to catch up with friends and family you haven't seen in a while. Even if you keep up online, the face to face conversation is always better.

2 comments:

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

I agree it is always nice to see people face to face. I always complain to Stephanie that I don't get to see all the people that I want to see...

Stephanie Appleton said...

I was so glad we were able to stop by! You sure had a busy day! :)