I think we can all agree that making little changes in our daily lives can add up to large amounts. After all, just as a puzzle is built piece by piece, money is saved a penny at a time. I'm asking everyone to focus on making small changes to help save money, time and the environment and this week and next, I'll be listing changes we can all make to do just that.
Just like every Nifty Thrifty Thursday, scroll down for more savings in the way of printable coupons, money-saving sites and FREEBIES you can sign up for!
Thrifty Changes We Can All Make:
1. Grocery shop by unit price. Food manufacturers have gone from raising prices to downsizing products while charging the same amount as the larger size. For example, the dog food we buy has gone from a 50 Lb. bag for around $18 to a 44.1 Lb. bag for the same price. Next time you shop, be wary of this. It may now be more economical to buy another size.
Because of this, you might also have to buy two of something in order to have enough for a certain recipe as well.
2. Plan your errands in one trip. Sounds simple, but making a list of where you need to go and planning that route out beforehand can save a lot of time, gas and backtracking.
3. Drive making right turns as much as possible. You'll spend less time waiting for traffic that has the right of way and less time sitting at lights. You could also try to change the normal route you take to avoid stoplights altogether.
4. Don't let your car idle for more than 30 seconds. One minute used to be the rule, but that's before the gas prices went up even more. Turn your car off when stopped at train crossings, drive-thru windows or when waiting for someone.
5. Don't change your oil as often. Today's cars are made to go longer between oil changes. Couple that with today's synthetic oils that prevent the breakdown of oil and most vehicles can go about 5,000 miles between changes as opposed to the former standard of 3,000. Newer vehicles even have sensors that detect when oil needs changed. Check your vehicle's manual to make sure.
6. Dump the extra weight. Remove any unused seats or extras in your trunk from your vehicle. The extra drag created by this stuff can lower your gas mileage and make your engine work twice as hard.
7. Change your car's air filter. Keeping a clean air filter in your car can improve your gas mileage up to 15%! Think about how worn out you feel when you can't breathe and apply that to your car. See what I mean?
Come back next week and I'll give you some more thrifty changes we can make in our homes! Meanwhile, check out the links below!
PRINTABLE COUPON $ITE$
GROCERY AD $ITE$
MyGroceryDeals.com Type in your zip code and find the nearest grocery deals from local stores!Aldi.com sign up for their FREE email newsletter and receive their ad in your inbox!
Ebates. Click here to sign up for Ebates:http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?id=32644971. Use my email: mhlessiter(at)zoominternet(dot)net as your referral and we'll each get $5!!
PAID WRITING/BLOGGING $ITE$
Zwaggle is a great online consignment shop.
Websquare offers many of the latest online coupons and deals from stores like Dell, Office Depot and 1-800-Flowers!
Bradsdeals.com is a site that is full of coupons, coupon codes and the latest deals on the web!
FREEBIE$ (new additions to the freebie list are listed first)
Click here for a FREE sample of Greenies pet treats!
Click here for a FREE sample of STOPAIN arthritis cream!
Click here for a FREE sample of Under Jams!
Click here for a FREE sample of Eucerin Calming Creme!
Click here for a FREE sample of Airborne Power Pixies!
Click here for a FREE sample of GlucoBurst.
Click here for a FREE sample of AZO! (You can also download a coupon on this page.)
Click here to visit Baen Free Library- Book Downloads!!!
Click here for a FREE sample of Purex!
Click here for a FREE sample of Kotex!
Click here for a FREE sample of KY Intrigue!
Click here for a FREE sample of Dove Pro-Age!
Click here for a FREE sample of Alterna Hair Care!
Click here to sign up for a FREE sample of Metamucil!
Click here to sign up for a FREE sample of Sunsilk shampoo!
Click here for a FREE sample of Aquafresh Extreme Clean!
Click here to sign up for a free sample of Tide with Dawn® StainScrubbersTM!
Get FREE magazines at lowpricesubs. No kidding!
Click here to visit Walmart's Free Sample page.
FREE sample of Aquaphor here! (This is one of my favorite products!!!)
Check out VistaPrint. They have monthly freebies listed under "Free Products" in the left hand column.
Please notify me of any broken, expired or non-working links. Thanks!
Join me every Thursday for more thrifty tips and links! Now get out there and $ave $ome money!!!