2/16/08

Catalogs!!!

I was talking to my Mom the other day. She was going through her mail as we talked and mentioned that she still gets theatrical catalogs for me from time to time.

To give you a frame of reference, the last time I was in a musical or play was in early 1997 and I haven't lived at Mom's since then. I think its time for this place to update their mailing list.

I have the same thing here as well. In 1998, I joined the local Historical Society. I requested some catalogs from a company that sells items for re-enactors and one from a company that sells trade show booths and parade float supplies. I still get both of those catalogs to this day. Other catalogs we get are from companies we have purchased things from in the past- lampshades, air purifiers, hunting and fishing gear, classroom games and crafts.

Usually, I leaf through the catalog quickly, scan it over and pitch it. If there is anything I'm really looking for, I will look it up online. I know that many people still don't use the internet, but I think I may visit some of these companies' websites and find out how to stop the catalogs. It is such a waste of paper and postage in my opinion.

Here is a link to an interesting site I found to help stop the junk mail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous. My husband and I get catalogs in the mail for the former owner of our house. The poor man passed away years ago!
I do sometimes call or email companies and ask to be removed. They're usually pretty good about it. Saving trees is always good :)