1/20/08

FFFRRRREEEEEZZZING!!!!

It is SO COLD out right now!!

This morning when I woke up, it was 3 degrees out!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Other than church and going to Mike's sister's for supper (which meant no cooking for me!), we didn't do a whole lot today. I've been hooked on the Barrett-Jackson car auction this week. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that my Dad worked for Ford and took us to millions of car shows and always had some kind of vehicle to fix up at one time or another, but it is so interesting! I love guessing what each car will go for and being surprised a lot of the time. I also love seeing the subtle differences that makes one car worth more than another.

There was the cutest couple on there who had bought a Chevy Bel Air when they got married and kept it original all these years. Their kids thought they were crazy fro auctioning it off, but they got $90,000 out of it! That's a good chunk of change for a car that had no restoration work done to it if you ask me. It didn't look like it would go for much at first, but the auction owner and the auctioneer did their best to sell it and get the price up for them. It was neat to watch.

I'm kinda sad that the auction is over, but there will be another one in March in Las Vegas. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it this time.

Before I go, does anyone know what a Cat 5 cable is? I have absolutely no clue on this one!

2 comments:

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

Cat 5 cable is a network cable that we use to connect our two houses together so we can both have internet. The stuff is not cheap.

Cher said...

We watched the Barrett-Jackson auctions too! What did Robo-saurus sell for?