9/24/07

How Could The Lottery Change You?

We watched a show over the weekend that focused on how the lottery has changed the lives of several people.

There are so many ways that the lottery can change lives. Sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse.

One of the better ways highlighted on the show was how a couple of ladies who lived in absolute poverty in Hawaii (the cost of living is outrageous there!) and were given a chance to rent very elegant houses for $200 a month. The owner of these homes was a lottery winner who had several high-end properties and chose who would rent his homes from letters written by the prospective tenants. What a nice way to let others benefit from your winnings!

If I were to win the lottery, I wonder what I would do with the money. Pay off my house for sure, buy a new car and- new to that list- invest in some Tampa real estate to let those down on their luck rent from me at a very low price.

Of course, I'd have to live down there for part of the year in order to be a good landlord, right? ;o)





1 comment:

Stephanie Appleton said...

I'd like to say that if I won the lottery the only thing that would change is we would be debt free and be able to build our house, but I'm not sure I would have the discipline. Who knows? We don't play so I guess we don't need to worry about it! :)