7/19/07

Reflection


Lately, I have been so sidetracked. Though there aren't many things I don't like about summer, getting sidetracked is one of them. There is less structure to my day and I let things slip by without even noticing.

Well, it could be less structure or it could be the fact that Steven has been climbing in our bed every night and I am so tired that I don't even notice (he usually lays on Mike to begin with) or I can't muster the energy to object. At any rate, I have been used as a human trampoline while he kicks me in the gut, as a human footrest (my gut again), as an armrest (that's usually my face) and as a real-life marionette. Yeah, that's when I'm dead asleep and he gets a handful of my long hair and yanks it out. What a rude awakening that is!
Ahem (attempting to regain composure after sleep-deprived rant).

One of the things I have yet to mention to you is that Michelle at Scribbit awarded me with the Blogger Reflection Award! I am so flattered and honored and, frankly, floored! My husband calls me reflective, but that's in reference to my ultra white skin. LOL!

Seriously, though, I love reading Michelle's posts. She really has her blogging act together. She has a regular schedule to her posting (unlike my haphazard format) and she shares real insight in many of her posts. She gives great recipes and tips, hosts great contests and writes the funniest posts about her family. Thank you, Michelle!

The Blogger Reflection Award is a newer one, so here is a description of what it is copied from the original site:

The reason for the title is because this award should make you reflect on five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you. Five Bloggers who when you reflect on them you get a sense of pride and joy... of knowing them and being blessed by them.

It is my duty and pleasure to award 5 other bloggers that I deem worthy of the Blogger Reflection Award:

Mandy of Controlled Chaos is my sister. She is honest and real. She doesn't sugar coat anything she posts and she really makes me think. She definitely deserves this award.

Keeping it in the family, Stephanie of Adventures in the 100 Acre Wood has very much been an encouragement to me. She was the one who encouraged me to start blogging and I really enjoy this creative outlet.

Boomama is one I consider a Godly example. Her posts are so touching and sweet served up with a huge dose of southern humor and charm. She definitely has a gift for writing interesting and funny posts about anything you can imagine.

Cheryl of Mementos of a Military Mom is new to blogging, but oh, my have you read her posts? Since I've been slacking lately, I haven't been commenting (which I totally intend to do as soon as I hit 'publish'), but I have been reading. What a wonderful faith she has and how loving and thoughtful are her posts!

Finally, my cousin Applehead deserves this award. He really makes me think. Sometimes I think, "Where did he find this website?" Sometimes I think, "What in the world?" He shares a lot of things that I would never have looked at or things I wouldn't have thought about otherwise. Talking to him on the phone (a whole, whole lot!) when we moved back to Ohio after my Dad died was sort of like therapy to me, so it's nice to be able to keep in touch with him through blogging now.

Thanks to you all for being an inspiration to me and congratulations!

4 comments:

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

I do remember talking on the phone a lot when we were younger. Those were the days. I don't think I would do those days over. I think about it sometimes, but oh well. Thanks for writing that about me.

Stephanie Appleton said...

Wow thanks!

Cher said...

Well thank you, Heather! I'm honored. I, like you, LOVE to read my favorite blogs.

Mandy said...

Golly gee! Thank You! Just remember, I always was the smarter sister!