6/27/07

WFMW: DIY Fabric Softener Sheet




I got this tip from an email a long time ago. It's more of a wintertime tip since I hang my laundry out in the summer.
You can make your own reusable fabric softener dryer sheet by taking a hand towel and pouring liquid fabric softener on it. I put mine in a shallow dish and folded the towel in quarters. Let it soak up as much fabric softener as it will and let it dry out. This whole process can take a day or two.
When you're done, you'll have a towel that you can just leave in the dryer. Each time you toss a load in, check the towel and make sure it has enough softener in it. I found that I had to add some to it each time the first few times I used it. After that, I only had to add to it about once a week. It is much cheaper than fabric softener sheets and it uses much less of the liquid than if you used it per manufacturer directions.
For more great and useful tips, visit Rocks in My Dryer.

No comments: