Mandy tagged me for this.
1. Where/How did you meet? We met at a bar. My friend used to go to this bar every week. I was/am a homebody and she dragged me with her one night. I had fun and started going with her every week. I met Mike about a month later.
3. How long after you met did you start dating? I'm not sure exactly. We kissed on a hayride one night in August and saw each other every week at the bar with friends, but our first date with just the two of us was about a month after our first kiss. I think he was nervous about dating someone so much younger than him.
4. How long did you date before you were engaged? 10 months
5. How long was your engagement? About 4 months.
6. How long have you been married? 10 years this year.
7. What is your anniversary? September 20th.
8. How many people came to your wedding reception? I think around 200.
9. What kind of cake did you serve? Aunt Judy made our cake. The main cake was white and we had chocolate and spice for the other cakes.
10. Where was your wedding? St. George's Catholic Church in Clinton, Ohio.
11. What did you serve for your meal? Pork roast, green beans, Au gratin potatoes, salad.
12. How many people were in your bridal party? six
13. Are you still friends with them all? My sisters were my bridesmaids, Mike's brother was a groomsman. The other two groomsmen were friends of Mike's and we haven't seen either of them for years.
14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony? No.
15. Most special moment of your wedding day? Dancing to Brown Eyed Girl with Mike. It was so fun and he asked the DJ to play that song just for me.
16. Any funny moments? Many! During the ceremony, Mike said, "...awful wife" instead of "lawful". He didn't do it to get a laugh or to be mean, he actually thought that's what the vow was. I still laugh about that one. He's so cute!
Our niece (who was the flower girl) ran in front of the altar and right across my train during the ceremony. I couldn't see her do it, but I felt the tug and I knew it was her. I'm glad my back was turned so no one could see me laughing.
Mike's friend danced on the tables at our reception.
Mike's other friend gave a speech and said that since Mike was single for so long that there were a lot of ladies with keys that would need to be returned. All of these girls started coming up and tossing keys on our table. Then, his Aunt Millie (in her 70's) came up with one. They announced that there was one missing and the other groomsman stood up and tossed one over to us. That got a good laugh.
DH also shoved cake right up my nose. I may or may not have shoved mine right back in his. ;o)
When Mike was supposed to be taking off my garter, he wasn't even touching my leg and I wondered what he was doing. He stood up and pulled out a huge pair of p@nties. It was a good laugh until I found out the next day that they actually belonged to the wife of our one groomsman. She must have been so mad at him!
17. Any big disasters? Our unity candle wouldn't light! I don't know who long it actually took, but it felt like forever! The priest had to help us and even then, it took a long time.
18. Where did you go on your honeymoon? We didn't go anywhere. Our brother-in-law's father died the day of our wedding and we stayed to go to the funeral.
19. How long were you gone?
20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change? The AWFUL lady who sang! UGH! I am still mad about that! The priest recommended her and she was HORRIBLE!!! I was mortified! I wanted to be the one who sang, but the priest wouldn't allow it and he said this woman had performed for many weddings for him and all but made us use her.
21. What side of the bed do you sleep on? The left.
22. What size is your bed? Queen
23. Greatest strength as a couple? We compliment each other. We are total opposites, so we balance each other.
24. Greatest challenge as a couple? Convincing him I am always right. :o)
25. Who literally pays the bills? I do.
26. What is your song? Eric Clapton's Wonderful Tonight. It was the first song we ever danced to.
27. What did you dance your first dance to? See number 26
28. Describe your wedding dress: It had gathers draped off-the-shoulder, a fitted bodice that was slightly gathered in the front, covered buttons down the back, chapel length train and a floor length skirt.
I'm tagging you! If you post yours, let me know so I can come and check it out!