1/21/07

Sunday, Lazy Sunday.

It's been a kinda lazy day around here.

I had some trouble getting to sleep last night and I woke up several times because my sciatic nerve must have gotten pinched yesterday. I suppose it had absolutely nothing to do with the super comfortable metal bleachers I sat on at Matthew's Upward Basketball game (which they won 20 to 18! WOO HOO!).

Well, that combined with a squirmy 4-year-old on my lap.

So, I finally slipped into a good, deep sleep about 6 AM and suddenly, DH woke me up and asked if I could see what time it was. 8:13 and it was my turn to drive the kids to their chatechism class. It starts at 9 and my SIL and I take turns driving the kids. At least I didn't have to look good for that. Church is about 15 minutes away, so I like to leave about 8:35.

We hopped in the car and I just hoped that there was no need for me to stop and get out of the vehicle in my slippers and old sweats.

Mass was pure joy sitting on the rock-hard wooden pew, which is normally comfortable; for a pinched nerve, however, it does absolutely no good! I grunted and groaned my way through the series of sitting/standing/ kneeling and I actually enjoyed the sermon.

After church, we headed out to get chicken for lunch and look at bikes for Matthew's birthday. He was only interested in the color and not the type of bike which drove DH crazy. We have plenty of time to choose one, though. There is no good bike-riding weather in the forecast for now.

Steven is coming down with a cold. He sat around with DH all afternoon on the couch snacking, playing games and watching TV while I slept in the recliner. I actually got a 2 hour nap!

After supper (which, incidentally, consisted of leftovers and soup), Steven asked me to come in his room and watch one of "his shows" with him. I carried him in like he was a baby and he climbed on the bed and covered up. He felt a little warm, so I asked if he wanted to put on his jammies and a pull up for fear that he'd fall asleep and I'd have to wake him to change.

HE AGREED WITHOUT A FIGHT!!!

That's a sure sign this child is coming down with something! He also sucked down 12 oz. of orange juice without blinking. It's unusual for him to inhale anything in a cup unless it's his coffee.

So now you are up to date on our Sunday and, frankly, our Saturday wasn't much more exciting. Its nice to have some down-time to recharge before the long week ahead.

No comments: