Sam over at MoMmY nEeDsA mAi tAi tagged everyone to do this meme.
As you can see from a lot of my posts, I love all kinds of music and I love Christmas. Put the two together and you've got a hit with me!
I don't think it's too crazy to sing Chritsmas songs any time of the year. Hey, I can sing Cruel Summer in the winter, can't I? So why not White Christmas in the spring?
So here are my 5 favorite Christmas songs:
1. O Holy Night. This song holds a special place in my heart and gives me chills every time. Seriously, I'm tearing up just thinking about it.
2. Sleigh Ride. I have a really cheesy-sounding version of it on a CD in my car that makes me envision it as a grand performance on the Lawrence Welk show. Being a little cheesy myself, it's a mathc made in heaven! Just hear those sleigh bells jingling, ring-ting-tingling, too...
GOSH! It's HARD to choose just 5!
3. Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer. I know, I know. I can hear the groans already, but my 3 sisters and I used to perform a little skit to this and it still cracks me up. Plus, it makes the kids laugh every time.
4. We Wish You A Merry Christmas. It says it all!
Sorry, I just teared up over O Holy Night again.
Man! How do I choose just one more?
5. What Child Is This and Silent Night. It's a complete tie! I like the minor tone and language of What Child Is This. It makes you really think about what the lyrics mean. As far as Silent Night goes, this is another one that makes me tear up. One of the local elementary school students played Silent Night on his acoustic guitar the other night (which, BTW, is how it was originally written and performed) once through, no embellishments, and it made me want to bawl my eyes out!
So there you have it! Now I'm tagging you! Post your own 5 Favorite Chirstmas Songs and leave a link in my comments!