This is my 50th post!!! Can you believe it???
I've been blogging for exactly 6 weeks and I have already posted 50 times?!?! No wonder my Tackle It Tuesday list is getting LONG! I've been rushing to the computer to blog about everything I can think of lately.
That's exactly what I have today for the two fine folks who read this little blog o' mine. :o) A Tackle It Tuesday list.
We have many, many things coming up on our family calendar, so the list may get longer than I thought. Here goes:
1. Finish Christmas Cards. I've stamped them and sent a few, but I need to get the rest out.
2. Put up the rest of my decorations. I babysit, so I have purposely kept some things put away. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
3. Wrap. I have tried to wrap as I buy or as things are delivered, but some of the wrapping has gotten away from me.
4. Call and book some parties for January. For those of you in direct sales, you know all about this. January can be the best month or the worst month... it all depends on how much you put into it in December.
5. Put up my tree. This is just a li'l fake one on my porch. Actually, we'll cut it and put it up Friday, then it's decorating it...
6. Check my list twice. I need to make sure that I have actually bought everything I intended to. It wouldn't be the first time that I 'thought' I bought something because I had it on my list for so long or because I had looked at it so many times.
7. Finish the gifts I am making. There aren't many, but I need to get them off my table!!!
8. Do something with the basement. (No picture necessary... I'll trust you to use your imaginations) This room desperately needs... well a MAJOR OVERHAUL! We have 2 couches, a recliner, Foosball table, ping-pong table, air hockey table and baseball pitching game down there in no particular layout. It's all just sitting where it was tossed... I mean lovingly placed. The floor also has a nice coating of toys while the toy box sits empty. I'd like to arrange it into a decent, logistically-pleasing fashion so the kids can play down there for Christmas and during the winter months.
9. Get my menu together for Christmas Day Dinner. We host this blessed event every year for DH's family and I truly love it. I just need to call everyone and figure out who is bringing what. It shouldn't be too daunting a task since everyone pretty much brings the same thing every year. It's always so YUMMY! I especially LOVE Grandma Anna's mushroom soup! It's a Czechoslovakian tradition and it's really delicious!
10. Measure out my ingredients for this weekend. We have a Christmas party to go to and I always make a cookie tray to take. I usually make brownies, sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies and bar cookies. I may add cupcakes this year, too. The kids like them so much and I somehow have about 10 cake mixes in my cupboard.
11. Sew a vest for my Father-in-law. I made a new hunter orange vest Sunday night for DH, so now his Dad is getting one. This one should go faster since I won't have to make the pattern for this one.
I sure will be busy today.I know I won't get it all done today, but I a girl can dream, can't she? I may post tonight and update you on how far I actually get. Wish me luck!!
For more Tackle It Tuesday posts, or to post your own, visit 5 Minutes For Mom.