11/22/06

WFMW: B-B-Q Sauce

I know Shannon isn't hosting Works For Me Wednesday this week, but in my WFMW post from last week, I said I would post recipes each week for the next 6 weeks on Wednesday, so here it is!

This week's recipe is an awesome and easy B-B-Q Sauce that is great on just about anything you can put B-B-Q sauce on. Let's face it, you can put that on just about anything! ;o)

I use it for regular, everyday grilling, but I use it around the holidays as a suce for meatballs and little cocktail sausages. You can also slice the regular sized smoked sausages up and serve them in it as appetizers.

B-B-Q SAUCE

1 C Ketchup
1/2 C Brown Sugar
1/4 C Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 C White Sugar
1 T Minced Onion

Mix all together and simmer for 15 minutes.

Tips: A 24 oz. bottle of Ketchup will make a triple recipe of this, just remember to triple all of the other ingredients (I've forgotten that before).
ALSO
Instead of getting out a knife and cutting board for the onion, I use my grater to mince the onion right into the pan.

Hope everyone has a blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

*singing* Happy Thanksgiving to you , happy thanksgiving to you, happy thanksgiving dear Heather, happy thanksgiving to you...

*sung in tune to "Happy Birthday to you" hehehe
Have a great one :) I will be gone until Sunday night, so *hugs*