11/18/06

Christmas Meme

Holiday Time Meme I saw this at MoMmY nEeDsA mAi tAi! So, consider yourself tagged. Sam and I are both Christmas NUTS, so enjoy them both!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Don't make me choose! Alright gotta be the nog, but hot chocolate pulls a close second!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? The elves wrap, but Santa supervises.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White, but I do like the big 7 watt colored lights. They give a nostalgic look!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? You bet your berries I do!
5. When do you put up your decorations? I have already started one at a time inside. Whenever I am in the basement, I bring something else up. The outside will be done this coming weekend.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I love food, so this is HARD! Turkey has to have it!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child ? Going to Grandma's every year. There were 4 of us girls and I remember one Christmas we all got car seats for our dolls. We somehow squeezed all of us and them into the car to travel the hour and a half drive.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What about Santa? Someone told me in Kindergarden that he wasn't real and I came home and proudly announced it to my 3 younger sisters and made them really mad. Can you believe someone would tell me that???
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We open presents with my parents on Christmas Eve. Santa actually comes to our house about 2 weeks before Christmas to drop off one extra present for my kids and the kids I babysit.
10. What kind of decorations are on your Christmas Tree? White lights, gold and cream glass balls, lots of hallmark ornaments, ornaments that were tied on packages, tinsel and an angel topper that doesn't light anymore, but DH and I bought her for our first Christmas and I can't part with her. The boys each have a collection from every year since they were born from us and from their Grandparents. I got them each a 2 foot tall tree for their rooms so they can put their ornaments on them since my tree is overflowing.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it to look at, dread it to drive in.
12. Can you ice skate? NOPE!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Too many to choose from.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Making sure my kids enjoy it and know the true meaning.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pumpkin Pie
16 What is your favorite holiday tradition? It's a tie between going to Grandma's and hosting DH's family dinner at our house. I love being the Christmas hostess!
17. What tops your tree? We have the angel I mentioned above and the boys have mini angels much like her.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving. I remember making gifts as a kid just so I could give something. When I was in HS, I worked for a department store for gift certificates and I used them to buy gifts with.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night is tops, but I love What Child Is This, The Little Drummer Boy and the 12 Days of Chirstmas, too.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yummy?YUMMY, YUMMY IN MY TUMMY!!!

Let me know if you do this on your blog so I can come by and read it!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

WOohooo! Isnt Christmas FANTASTIC? I'm glad you did this meme :)