1/1/09

I Swore I Wouldn't Do This.

Maybe its just the new year. Maybe its the fact that the holidays are over and I've got some downtime. It may also be a cycle of some sort, but I'm reevaluating my blog.

I often work in spurts and have no real schedule as to when or what I will write. I love the Sunday Reflection posts, Works for Me Wednesday and Nifty Thrifty Thursday, but the in-between is what gets me stumped. I get inspired some days and go crazy with post ideas and other days, I am so rushed for time that I don't' even get 30 minutes on the computer.

I keep thinking a laptop will solve my dilemma, but in all seriousness, it probably won't help. I need to make time each day to sit down, collect my thoughts that float around in my head and organize them in some fashion.

I really feel like Dory in Finding Nemo. I think of something I want to write about, but don't write it down because I am busy with something else and just figure I'll get it written down later on. By the time later on rolls around, though, the idea is gone. *POOF!* Vanished into thin air. But don't worry, it will be back as soon as I am too busy to write it down again.

For instance, as I was brainstorming a few minutes ago, an idea popped into my head. I hadn't even had time to process the idea let alone write it down (I have pen in hand at this point, so we're talking milliseconds here) and the phone rang. The idea- GONE! It may be back later, but I won't hold my breath.

My hope for 2009 is not to post everyday, although that would be nice, but to post more often than I do and to post even more meaningful content. Not just frivolous fluff.

Did I just make a resolution?

SIGH. Yeah, I guess I did.

Well, if that's my resolution, I will now have to start breaking it down into manageable goals. Maybe that can be my next post... now THERE'S an idea! :o)

Not to worry, though, I'll still include some frivolous fluff just for fun. Really, its just for fun. That's not my excuse for posting about nothing once in a while. Not at all. Nope. Really. Sounds good, right? Yeah, that's believable. Uh-huh. Yeppers!

1 comment:

Kokopelli said...

Maybe color coded Post-It notes might be good? My best work friend, a process engineer, uses them to the point of it being a psychosis. I'll grab a pic of her office for you when I get back from FL.