12/27/08

Somebody Get These Cookies Away from Me!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

Christmas is over, but the rush continues. I have only one gift to exchange (I'm flattered that my Sister in-law thinks I wear a small, but I have to exchange it if I want to be able breathe), but I think I'll wait till a weekday when everyone goes back to work. Also, Santa must have forgotten to leave my laptop. Maybe the Easter Bunny will remember *wink*.

Mike and I have a party to go to tonight and tomorrow my Grandma Margie is coming down from Cleveland to exchange gifts with all of us. I hope she likes what we got her. Monday, Applehead and Stephanie are visiting for a bit, next week the New Year begins and the eating will continue. :o)

Okay, I may be misleading you a little with that last statement. The eating hasn't actually stopped yet. Our house is so full of cookies, pies and other leftovers that I may not have to grocery shop for anything other than toilet paper and dish soap for a month. Nothing is more tempting to me than nut roll and chocolate chip cookies. They call to me!

Here's a question for all of you. Someone I know got a very expensive and very beautiful gift from a friend that she has never exchanged gifts with before. She feels bad because she didn't get her something. She feels like she should reciprocate, but she doesn't want to start making the friend feel like she has to do the same every year.

I say the friend knew they don't usually exchange gifts and I'm sure she doesn't expect something in return. Write a very nice thank you card and leave it at that. Don't start something you aren't willing to keep up with year after year. I also partially feel this because it may have been a re-gift. I don't know this for a fact, but it could very well be and then what? The friend will feel like she has to buy something every year that lives up to the original gift that was a white elephant of sorts to her in the first place. What do you think?

Before I go, I have to wish my Aunt Teri a Happy Birthday! Hope its great!!!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I say tell the person "Thank You" and that's all. I give gifts to give them not to get one in return!