11/3/08

Its Almost Over


Tomorrow is Election Day in the US. I am passionate about politics, but I have decided to leave my opinion out of my blog and I thank other bloggers who have done the same. I have actually quit reading a couple of blogs because of things they have posted that are political in nature.
I will tell you that I think voting is one of the most important things we can do. It is a way to voice our opinion and do our part to keep this country great. We all have an opinion of our government one way or another and we need to make sure we are backing that up by going out to vote EVERY TIME!
I have a neighbor in his 60's who was always complaining about the local government. He had some very strong opinions and took every breath he had to let everyone know how he felt. Then one day, I asked him if he voted on the school levy since he lives in another voting district than we do. He said he had no idea because he wasn't even registered to vote! I told him that I didn't want to hear him complain again until he was registered. It didn't take long for him to register after that. He's back to his old opinions, but at least now he's walking the walk and not just talking the talk so to speak.
My point today is to let you all know that you can go online to your local board of elections and you can actually see the issues and candidates you'll be voting on tomorrow. You can write down the things you want to vote for and take that piece of paper with you when you vote. If there is an issue or a race you are undecided on, simply leave that one blank. It is okay.
After tomorrow, the face of the US will change. History will be made and the ads will stop... at least until the next election. Will you be part of it?
*************************
Remember to check back here this Wednesday for another great giveaway!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you got your neighbor to register to vote! That is the coolest thing ever : ).