7/29/08

My Heart is Breaking

As anonymous as blogging can be, I have made some good friends since I've started. The blogging community- the mommy blogging community in particular- is one of support and love. They cheer for your successes, they've got your back when someone ticks you off and they cheer you up when times are tough.

One of the first friends I made through my blog is Lisa at Midwestern Mommy. I've just learned that Lisa has been diagnosed with cancer. Lisa writes:

"I have cancer. I still can’t believe I just typed that sentence. I have cancer. The words, despite the machines connected to me, despite knowing I’m now in the oncology ward, despite the long and chaotic succession of nurses and doctors I’ve seen, just don’t seem real."

You can read the rest of her post here.

My heart is breaking for her and her family. She has a wonderful little boy and a great husband. I can't imagine what they are all going through. If you know Lisa, she doesn't beat around the bush. She lays it all out on the line and tells it like it is. That's what those who read her blog love about her.

Please go over and give her some support. Nothing we can say will make it go away, but just knowing people care can lift the spirit to new heights.

No comments: