6/16/08

I'm Thoroughly Disgusted With Nashville Star This Year

I mean it! This is a show that I watched faithfully each season with fervor. It was so much better than Idol in so many ways I can't even begin to explain. The judges actually gave constructive criticism that could help the singers. The contest was tasteful and not as limited as Idol in that there weren't assigned weeks- singers could sing pretty much what they wanted.

NBC has effectively ruined the show for me.

For one thing, the "singers" this season are pretty bad. The talent pool has GOT to be deeper than that people! Flat, lifeless and- HELLOOOO- not very country either and that's kinda the entire point of the show!

For another, Billy Ray Cyrus is AWFUL!!! Get another host NOW! FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS GOOD AND NOT PLASTIC!!! Liked Boot Scootin' Boogie, but that's where it ends. He is the most cardboard and dull host you could ever choose.

And could NBC be just a bit less patriotic? Chevy used to be the sponsor and, while I am a FORD girl at heart, at least Chevy is an AMERICAN MADE VEHICLE. Who is the sponsor now? The official maker of Jap Crap. Nuff said.

One thing I do like is the change in judges. I always did like 2 of the judges, but I'm not shedding any tears over the loss of Anastasia.

Unless there are some major changes made for the better, you can bet your belt buckle that you won't hear much of Nashville Star coming out of my home theater sconces this season.

1 comment:

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

I tried to watch that last night. and just like Idol, I can only watch/hear a line or two at the most, and I 'm done' these guys are awful.