3/28/08

Hip Stickin' Good!


Cooking may very well be my downfall.

I love to cook and bake. I am always looking for new recipes or a new twist on an old recipe. I watch the Food Network and Rachael Ray quite a bit. I love to look through magazines and online for ideas and inspiration.

The problem with all of this is that I also love to eat. Now I don't sit around all day and mindlessly munch on whatever crosses my path. Actually, I have pretty good self control when it comes to eating. Rarely do I eat until I am miserable- oh it happens, but not that often.

I am in the mood to bake right now, but I'm having a hard time deciding what to make. I have a new pumpkin bread recipe I want to try, I have a bunch of cherries in the freezer just begging to be made into a pie and there are two bags of chocolate chips in the cupboard that want out! What do I do?

I've been putting off making anything else since we just had Easter and I made all of those cookies. Mike's Mom also made a nut roll which is usually reserved for Christmastime and I'm enjoying it immensely. Tomorrow the local Lion's Club is having one of their chicken b-b-q's at the park down the street and everyone is getting together at Mike's parents for lunch. I am tossing around the idea of making that cherry pie for that, but Mike's Aunt Jo is coming and she usually has some kind of dessert- cookies or cream puffs- in tow. Hmmm.... decisions, decisions!

I think I'll wait until morning to decide for sure. There is nothing like a warm cherry pie to stick to your hips after a big chicken dinner! :o) Maybe I'll finally fall for the Akavar ads after tomorrow. LOL!

No comments: