1/30/08

When Is Aunt Ea Getting Married?

My sister Ea got engaged on her birthday back in November and at least once a week since then Matthew has asked me when she's getting married.

Let's examine the situation a little, shall we?

Jesse gave Ea a promise ring about 4 hundred years ago. (Okay, maybe it was more like 4, but you get the idea.) So they were "pre-engaged" forever.

They have a house together and a child together and they are planning on building a house on some land that Ea bought before they were pre-engaged. Call me cynical, but I don't see them picking out which cufflinks the groomsmen will be sporting anytime soon.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they just go for a simple Justice of the Peace kind of thing or a tiny little family ceremony. Either one will probably be followed by a killer party, but Ea just isn't quite the froo-froo type. She's much more practical and down-to-earth.

No comments: