9/20/07

Honey, Don't Read This!

I have been thinking about what to get people for Christmas this year. The hardest person to buy for is my husband, Mike.

I like to get him hunting stuff, but what would be the point of giving him hunting stuff after deer season? He also rabbit hunts (Mostly not shooting any rabbits. Just to train the dogs.), but that sport doesn't require much in the way of gear. We buy any new fishing gear in the spring, so that's out the window.

One year, I bought him ice cleats for ice fishing and it hasn't been cold enough long enough to ice fish since.

What often happens is that I buy him something and all of a sudden, he is ready to buy whatever it is and I end up having to tell him to avoid returning something or to avoid paying shipping on something again. Take the ice cleats, for example. I bought them about 2 months before Christmas, had them wrapped and hidden and 2 weeks before Christmas he starts talking about buying some. I had to give in and tell him.

Oh! Did I mention that his birthday is 2 weeks after Christmas? Yup!

Here are some things I am thinking of getting him this year:

airtime cards for his prepaid phone
new clothes (the man has more clothes than I do, though)
auto accessories for his truck
shoes
a gift card to Cabela's or Bass Pro
boat accessories (cause you can never have too many gadgets on your boat!)

For the record, Mike doesn't like to open gifts. He doesn't like to be the center of attention (like I do) and hates to be watched while he opens something. If there is a gift for both of us, he will pass it over to me to open.

Any ideas to add to the list?

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Last year I bought Chuck a fishing trip. A few years before that I bought him his lifetime hunting license. I dont know what to get him this year

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Hmm...I'm afraid I have no ideas for you. Just wanted to comiserate about having a "difficult-to-buy-for" husband. Mine always just buys whatever he wants, which isn't much, but still. Hope you come up with something great for him!