5/16/07

WFMW: Dustpan On a Stick

Since I babysit, I am often sweeping and mopping/spot cleaning my floors. bending over gets old real quick around here.

A couple of years ago, I was grocery shopping and found one of these jobbies:
Years ago when I cleaned the local cineplex, these were used by the ushers between movies to clean up popcorn spills and they work wonders! I was lucky enough to find mine for only $11, but it is the best $11 I've spent in a long time.
You can find these dustpan/broom combos at home improvement stores with the cleaning products and they are worth every penny! No bending over to try and hold the dustpan while you attempt to sweep with the other hand.
Another little tip I'll share with you is to keep a bottle of all purpose cleaner or just plain water under your sink with a stack of terry cloth hand towels or shop rags (these are easily found at the dollar stores). When there is a spill or the floor needs a quick wipe, spray the area, throw one of the rags on the floor and use your foot to wipe it up. It's no spring cleaning, but it will save your back and the knees of your jeans and it gets the mess cleaned up until you can give the floor a good scrubbing. BONUS- It is also good for those thigh muscles if you do it often enough! :o)
For more Works For Me Wednesday tips, visit Rocks in My Dryer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great tips. Now if only I could figure out how to save the knees on my jeans while taking care of the girls each day . . . perhaps not getting down at their level? wearing knee pads? socks over my knees? Hmmm! LOL!

Sarah @ Ordinary Days said...

I need one of those dustpan-o-a-stick thingies! Then maybe I could quit doing this: http://methemama.blogspot.com/2007/04/cheating-at-cleaning.html
Thanks for the tip. :)

Gina said...

YOU are SO smart! I love it!

Anonymous said...

great great tips...

:D

Stephanie Appleton said...

"rag mopping" is a common occurrence in my kitchen! I'm adding that dustpan to my garage sale/clearance sale list! :)