1/10/07

WFMW: Pasta Salad


This week's Works For Me Wednesday is the 'healthy eating' edition.


I don't have a ton of healthy recipes. My theory is that if there is no nutritional label, it doesn't count. :o)


Most of my recipes include at least a stick of butter... or more.


This one, though is rather healthy and you can cut down on the pasta to cut out some of the carbs. It's great for summer and easy to double for picnics!


All of the ingredients are optional, so if there is something you don't like, leave it out or substitute with something you do.


PASTA SALAD


1 Box Twist Macaroni

3 or 4 Green Onions

1 Large Green Pepper

1 Bunch Fresh Broccoli

Cauliflower

1 to 2 Tomatoes

1 Bottle Kraft Free Zesty Italian Dressing

1 Dash Garlic Salt


Cook, drain and cool macaroni. Dice green onions, green pepper, broccoli, cauliflower and tomatoes. Toss pasta and vegetables together; add dressing and garlic salt. Toss all together and refrigerate.


TIPS

~This tastes best when it's left to sit overnight.

~The Kraft Free Zesty Italian is my favorite to use every time I make this since it has a much lower oil content than regular Italian Dressing. The garlic salt helps to boost the flavor a little bit.

~Also good with cubed cheeses, pepperoni and black olives for a variation.


Laughter also burns calories, so watch the video below. It's a guaranteed good belly laugh!


FOR A GREAT LAUGH!!!



To see more Works For Me Wednesday posts, or to post your own, visit Shannon at Rocks In My Dryer.

2 comments:

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

Great recipe. My husband likes pasta salad. I like trying different kinds.

Stephanie Appleton said...

Pasta salad is one of my favorites! Especially in the summer!