1/15/07

Happy Birthday Hubby!

Today is my Dear Husband's birthday! Happy Brithday, DH!

It's become tradition for me to make prime rib for his birthday dinner. We buy a huge prime rib and have his family and my Mom, Step-Dad and Grandma over, too. My Grandma's birthday was last week and his Grandma's is this week, so it makes for a nice way to get together for all 3.
This year, his Grandma couldn't make it because she has a bad cold, but we'll probably take a cake over to her on Wednesday since that's her real birthday. Hopefully she'll be feeling much better by then.

We all had a really good time and ate way too much. We ended up looking at my photo albums and what scrapbooking pages I have done. I really like showing them off since it takes a lot of time and thought to put those pages together.

DH is a shy guy and doesn't like a big fuss made over him or his birthday. He tries to down-play it as much as possible... until there's prime rib involved. It's his favorite meal and an easy one to make.

I thought I'd post some pictures of it, but when it came out of the oven, I forgot all about taking pics and got right to serving it.

IT. WAS. AMESOME!!!

I'll try to post the recipe tomorrow, but this was our menu:

Prime Rib
Twice Baked Potatoes
Rice Pilaf
Au Jus
Tossed Salad
Rolls

The rice pilaf wasn't a planned thing, but when I called to invite DH's Aunt Jo, she insisted on bringing something. Aunt Jo is a wonderful cook and you can never get her to come to anything without bringing a dish of something. Rice pilaf is what she is famous for. She joked during dinner that when she dies, they will have to print "the rice pilaf lady" below her name and the recipe will have to be part of her obituary so everyone will know who she is.

No comments: