1/15/07

For Kelli- A Blogging Love Fest!




Head on over to Boomama's on Tuesday, January 16th. She is doing something REALLY special for a lady named Kelli from Living In Grace.

Kelli needs a kidney transplant and is on a waiting list. Her insurance runs out in less than 2 weeks and she and her family will have to pay for COBRA. I know from experience that ITS NOT CHEAP, PEOPLE!

If you have a couple of dollars to spare, please help them out by visiting Boomama and giving what you can. If you happen to have a kidney you would be willing to part with, that would be real nice, too. Although, I don't think you can donate kidneys via the web. Don't I wish!

If you want to help out a couple of people at once, visit Susie at Bluebird Blogs and get yourself a snazzy new blog design while Susie donates 20% to Kelli!

Below is Boomama's latest post on how things will go down for the donations. You can also visit her here to read it on her blog. God is working through these people!! Let's roll up our sleeves and help out!

Just a friendly reminder that tomorrow, January 16th, is For Kelli. If you have no idea what I’m talking about, click on that little button with the flowers on it, and it’ll provide all the information you need.
There is one little change from my original post. We’ll now be making donations through PayPal (instead of Amazon) for several reasons:
1) People who would prefer to not use credit cards will be able to donate through their PayPal accounts.
2) PayPal doesn’t put a limit on the donations we can receive, but Amazon has a “cap” that I think would be problematic pretty quickly.
3) With PayPal, the donation fund can be linked directly to Kelli’s family’s account. That’s a big deal to me because I don’t think it is my place (or my business) to be some sort of money middleman.
4) Amazon has a 14-day waiting period before the money can be moved to a checking account. PayPal does not. Since Kelli’s insurance coverage runs out in less than two weeks, I think it’s important that she has access to the donations as soon as COBRA comes-a-callin’.
However, two important details will be the same:
1) You’ll still be able to make a secure donation with a credit card or debit card, even if you don’t have a PayPal account.
2) Donations will be anonymous, unless you choose to write an e-note that accompanies your donation.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me.
I’ll put up the link for donations around 6:00 or 6:30 tomorrow morning. I was going to put it up at midnight, but if we run into any unforeseen problems, I’d like to be, you know, awake so that I can troubleshoot.
And thanks to all of you who have put the “For Kelli” button on your blogs and linked back to my original post. I have been completely overwhelmed by your response.
Hope y’all have a wonderful day!

No comments: