11/6/06

Comic relief!

Did you know that a good belly laugh can burn tons of calories? I should be about 90 pounds by now, but I guess that last batch of Halloween candy must have balanced it out.

I love to laugh! Kids are about the best source for a chuckle you can get. My kids are always doing something goofy, but once in a while you get a real doosie out of them. The other day my 4 year old was flipping his tongue back and forth loudly making the "dither-dither" sound over and over when suddenly he broke into full-on babbling with his forefinger between his lips like a blender on frappe. It caught me so off guard and tickled me to death!

Speaking of being tickled, my boys (and my DH) love to tickle me. I cackle like a psycho clown when I am tickled and they love it. It's a good thing I've kept up on my keegles or I'd have to wear pull-ups!

I am also a sucker for a good, funny movie. I am game for a good comedy anytime. Here is a list of just a few of my favorites (notice all of the SNL and SCTV alumni):
50 First Dates
Old School
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Tommy Boy
LA Story
The Goonies
Happy Gilmore
Kicking and Screaming
Jonah: A Veggie Tales Movie
Sweet Home Alababma
40 Year-Old Virgin
I Spy
Meet the Parents
Meet the Fockers
When Harry Met Sally
O Brother Where Art Thou?
The Black Knight
A Knight's Tale
Shrek
Shrek 2
Monsters Inc.
Elf
Harry and the Hendersons
Monster In Law
The Wedding Singer (love the 80's music)
Big Daddy
Adventures in Babysitting
License to Drive
Book of Love
The Great Outdoors
Coneheads
Father of The Bride
Who's Harry Crumb?
Hocus Pocus

Not all of them are family-friendly, but man cannot live by Pixar alone. It's good, dare I say necessary, to have some adult time and enjoy some things that the kids aren't privy to.

I do enjoy Spongebob. As annoying as he may be, he's very endearing at the same time. I like the fact that cartoon creators have thought about the parents who have to (or want to) watch slong. There are many jokes that are way over the kids' heads, but they're right on target for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? No Raising Arizona or The Christmas Story?
Mandy

Heather said...

You're right! My gosh, how could I forget??? I dhould go back and edit this right now! :o)