4/25/09

Week's Wrap-Up


We had a busy, but peaceful time this week. The boys' baseball practices were willy-nilly at best because of the weather, but we muddled through it just fine.

As soon as it started hailing on Wednesday night, Steven flung himself dramatically on the couch and began sobbing (Where does he get this from? LOL!) because he was sure his practice would be cancelled. He was right and called me while I was at Matthew's practice. My quick fix was to offer to make cookies or stop for ice cream on the way home. The ice cream won and I had a happy 6 year-old. Crisis averted!

The temperature change from Thursday to Friday was a 30 degree increase and I couldn't be happier! It has to be really warm before I'll wear shorts (and make sure you put on your sunglasses when that happens), and I have been wearing them all day. Feels nice!

I'm hoping to get our garden tilled one final time tomorrow and get the first round of plantings in. I'm starting with some lettuce, radishes, onions and carrots. I also have some herb seeds to get started, but I might use the cold-frame for those. We'll see.

Here's a question: has anyone else been getting an annoying number of calls for vehicle warranties and insurance quotes? I have no idea how to get them to stop! You get a recording, so you can't ask to be removed from the list and if you get to where you can actually talk to a person, you're caught in their evil trap of language that obligates you to at least receive their paperwork in the mail. UGH!

Well, hope you're all enjoying nice weather wherever you are! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Heart2Heart said...

Heather,

So glad that you have a nice change in the weather.

Have you registered any of your phone numbers with the Do Not Call Registry? It takes about 30 days, to activate all your phone numbers, I would also include your cell phone numbers as well.

Then you can simply register a complaint online whenever those offenders call you. Simply catch the number and fill out the form.

I agree with you, that if they don't have the decency to answer the phone when they put you on auto dialer, they deserve to lose whatever business they could have gotten.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Heather said...

Hi Kat!

Unfortunately I am on the do not call registry- home and cell phones. The problem is that the vehicle and insurance companies are ones that we have 'done business with' in the past. I think the interpretation of 'done business with' is pretty loose and there are a lot of loopholes in the law, but there isn't much we can do about it.
I heard Matt Lauer talking about the same exact calls on The Today Show last week and was glad I'm not the only one being harrassed. I even noticed that they change numbers often, so you don't know it's them calling. Sneaky slime!