3/1/09

Water

I've really been trying to drink more water lately. The Ohio winters can be brutal on your skin. Not to mention that my hands are in bleach water several times a day at work and that leaves them dry as well.

A friend once told me that drinking water was like a bath for your insides. That is a brilliant comparison in my eyes! Here are some other things that drinking more water can help with:

Dry skin
Dry eyes
Allergies
Weight
Colds
Fevers
Certain Stomach pain
Muscle cramps
vaginal dryness
Energy levels
Certain types of joint and back pain
Poor circulation
Appetite
Constipation
Headaches
Hot Flashes

I'm sure there are many, many more than that, but those reasons alone are good enough for me.

One way I trick myself into drinking more water is by starting and ending the day with water. Right before bed and right when I get up, I drink 3 bathroom cups (which are 3 oz.) full of cold tap water. That gives me 18 oz. without any real effort on my part. If I get up in the middle of the night, I also drink one or two cups full.

After a large meal, I find that drinking water is the best way to alleviate that miserable, bloated feeling. It helps to digest all of that food and makes me feel much better.

Do you have any tips or tricks for drinking more water?

No comments: