Today I will make cookie dough to freeze so that when things are all crazy in December, I can just pull the dough out of the freezer and bake it. It is nice to make the different doughs all at once while I already have the ingredients out and the kitchen is a mess. If I can get it all done today, I will only have the mess once.
Some other tips for a good Cookie Dough Day:
1. Fill your sink with hot soapy water and empty your dishwasher before you start. Wash dishes or load them as you go. It makes clean-up a snap and your measuring cups will be clean for the next recipe.
2. Make sure you have lots of bowls for mixing, wax paper and freezer containers ready to go. You don't want to have to dig for this stuff in the middle.
3. Decide how you will freeze your dough. Will you freeze it in one package or will you drop the cookies onto cookie sheets to freeze? This all depends on how you will bake them. If you know you'll bake them all on one day, freeze the dough in one package. If you plan to just pull out a few at a time to bake, drop them on cookie sheets.
4. Work on one recipe at a time. It is too easy to mix up measurements and ingredients.
5. Mark your frozen dough clearly with date and amount. You can even write the baking time on them so you won't have to dig out your recipe later.
Today I also posted my weekly craft post at Make It From Scratch. This week, I show you how to make your own cute Christmas Gift Totes. They would be great for giving homemade cookies in, don't you think? Wink Wink!
Whew! After all those cookies (I have to test at least ONE of each, you know) I think I may need some alli!!