Once in a while we all need to cut corners for one reason or another. Current reasons for cutting back range from additional shopping for the holidays to job loss. Everyone is feeling the pinch this time of year. Here are five ways you can cut back right now to have funds to reallocate in your budget.
- Pare down your services. Look at things like your cell phone, cable or satellite service, internet service, etc. Can you cut back to a slower speed internet? Do you subscribe to a premium movie channel or other package? Start borrowing movies from the library. It may be worth paying the penalty to get rid of your cell phone service and go prepaid. If times are tight, these things should not hold high priorities.
- Get rid of subscriptions. Cancel that gym or rec center membership, cancel your newspaper subscription and read the news or print coupons online and forget about renewing the subscription for that magazine you never read. Many places will give you a refund if you ask a manager when you cancel membership.
- Give yourself a daily allowance. This may sound silly, but if you leave the checkbook, plastic and most of your cash at home, you won't have it to spend. If you're used to carrying a set amount for the week, split it in half and carry only that for a few days.
- Take a drink and snack with you. Moms know what I'm talking about. Whenever you go somewhere, it is bound to take longer than planned. Everyone is suddenly tired, bored and thirsty or hungry. Solve this problem- and save some money- by having a water bottle in the fridge for each family member at the ready. Grab them on the way out the door. I also take my own drinks and snacks to work with me so I am not tempted to get something out of a machine or stop and pick something up.
- Be disloyal... to your favorite brands that is. The majority of the time you are only paying for the name and packaging and you can really save big by going with the store brands. You'll also be pleasantly surprised when you actually prefer the store brand peanut butter or bread over a popular brand.
PRINTABLE COUPON $ITE$
GROCERY AD $ITE$
The Grocery Game
MyGroceryDeals.com Type in your zip code and find the nearest grocery deals from local stores!Aldi.com sign up for their FREE email newsletter and receive their ad in your inbox!
Ebates. Click here to sign up for Ebates:http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?id=32644971. Use my email: mhlessiter(at)zoominternet(dot)net as your referral and we'll each get $5!!Amazon AssociatesMyPoints.comHeyButler.com
PAID WRITING/BLOGGING $ITE$
MAKE CA$H FROM YOUR $TUFF
RatherBeShopping.com coupon codes for online shopping and great frugal articles!
Zwaggle is a great online consignment shop.
Websquare offers many of the latest online coupons and deals from stores like Dell, Office Depot and 1-800-Flowers!
Bradsdeals.com is a site that is full of coupons, coupon codes and the latest deals on the web!SlickDeals.net
Please notify me of any broken, expired or non-working links. Thanks!
If you like What you've just read, get more:
-Visit past Nifty Thrifty Posts
-Subscribe to my feed