Here are 5 of my favorite time-saving tips:
1. Implement routines! Having a routine for evening (to get ready for the next day), for the morning (to make your morning run smoothly) and for after work/school (to make sure everything gets done that needs to) is key to saving time. It takes 21 consecutive days to make something a habit. When your routines become habit, you will do them automatically without even having to think about it. If you don't have to think about the everyday stuff, your mind will be clearer and more efficient.
2. Use a timer! Giving yourself a deadline is one of the fastest ways to get work done. Use your timer when cleaning to keep yourself on task. Use a timer for the kids in the tub or shower so you don't have to keep tell them when its time to get out. My boys love to "race the timer" when cleaning or bathing- so do I!
3. Keep it simple! In our efforts to be super heroes, we over complicate things. Do we really need to get each and every detail? If the clothes are washed and dried, does it really matter which way they are folded? If the dishes are loaded in the dishwasher, does it really matter which way they have been put in? Don't waste time looking for the "perfect" card when a simple greeting card will do. These kind of obsessions cause extra stress that we don't need.
4. Buy double! Double up your purchases of things like trash bags, toilet paper, tissues and other non-perishables. When you open the 'back up' package, add that item to your list and you won't have to rush out to buy another one right now. This is one of the best ways to avoid unnecessary trips to the store in which you'll only waste time and spend more money than you planned.
5. Teach the kids to help! Too often, we just do things for our kids because we have always done them. Re-evaluate what your children are capable of. You will be doing them a huge favor by teaching them to be self-sufficient. Don't go behind them 'fixing everything either. Refer back to #3. They will be more likely to keep up with their new responsibilities if they are allowed to do them their way. Delegate responsibility and save yourself time!
That's all for this week. Make sure you join me here each Thursday for more savings tips and links! If you have a great site you'd like me to consider including in NTT, leave a comment or email me.
Join me right here every week for more thrifty tips and links! Now get out there and $ave $ome money!!!
PRINTABLE COUPON $ITE$
GROCERY AD $ITE$
PAID WRITING/BLOGGING $ITE$
MAKE CA$H FROM YOUR $TUFF
RatherBeShopping.com coupon codes for online shopping and great frugal articles!
Zwaggle is a great online consignment shop.
Websquare offers many of the latest online coupons and deals from stores like Dell, Office Depot and 1-800-Flowers!
Bradsdeals.com is a site that is full of coupons, coupon codes and the latest deals on the web!
Please notify me of any broken, expired or non-working links. Thanks!
If you like What you've just read, get more:
-Visit past Nifty Thrifty Posts