8/23/08

What's Your Favorite Way to Multitask?

Anymore, it seems as though "busy" is the norm. We have so many commitments taking up our time and there are no more hours in a day.

AND

If we did have more hours in a day, we'd just fill them with more things to do. Ideally, we'd fill those hours with things like 'family time' or 'me time' or 'time with our spouse'. If we are honest with ourselves, though, we'd just add more activities or say "yes" to things we might consider saying "no" to otherwise- which we don't anyways and that's how we got so busy to begin with.

Today Matthew had a scrimmage which lasted an hour, but we had to be there an hour early and it was 20 minutes away, so all-in-all it took about 3.5 hours out of the day. We got home and the boys enjoyed the rides and food at the local festival that was going on. After that, I had some grocery shopping to do and as soon as I got back from that, we had a cookout to go to. Before we left for the cookout, I tossed a load of clothes I had washed earlier in the day into the dryer (this IS going somewhere, I promise) and started the dishwasher.

I love that technology allows us to multitask in this way. We may take it for granted, but just pushing a few buttons can help us accomplish so many things.

What are your favorite ways to multitask?

*****************

Find the promotional items you are looking for!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I love to fill the sink for dishes, add a load, let them soak and move on to something else. Then I come back, wash those and do it all over. This drives Jason nuts!