7/9/08

Texting

This is so cute. I keep getting text messages from our 13 year-old niece. They are vacationing in South Carolina and having a good time.

Anyhow, she keeps sending me little messages wondering how everyone is doing here and what's going on. I think she is afraid she'll miss something. She's generally a homebody and very into family, so it isn't unusual for her to just come over or call just to chat. I think its nice that she keeps in touch like that.

She took a friend with her, too which is one reason I am surprised she keeps texting. The two of them have been friends for about 10 years now and are hilarious! They can keep me in stitches when they're together.

They usually go to North Carolina and visit places near where my sister-in-law and brother-in-law lived when he served in the Marines. They have a lot of friends who still live there and they always visit the place where my SIL worked doing custom picture framing. They decided on SC since our other niece's boyfriend is in the Navy there.

I think maybe I'll give her a call tomorrow night and catch up completely. I'm not the world's best texter (Is that a word? Not according to spell check!) and I try to keep them fairly short. I need to keep tabs on that girl! LOL!

No comments: