6/3/08

End Of The School Year & My Mother's Day Gift Arrives

Today was my last day at work for the school year. I feel sad and relieved at the same time.

I get a break from forcing everyone to get up and get ready by a certain time. My lunch packing will be reduced to only one (for Mike). No more loading up a bag for Steven the night before he goes to Grandma's or Aunt Shelly's since they don't have the over-abundance of toys that the other babysitter has. No more coordinating sitters.

I will be sad to leave the people I work with. They are all nice and I feel like I am just getting to know some of them. The rapport we've all built over the year will be put on hold.

I am excited to get on with the summer, though.

Mike brought home my Mother's Day gift(s) yesterday!!! He had a guy he works with make some bar stools for our kitchen counter and they are gorgeous!!! I was expecting run-of-the-mill stools, but they far exceed anything I imagined! He used the stain our builders used, so they match perfectly. They are the perfect height, but are narrow enough to tuck away neatly under the counter. They are reinforced at the top and bottom to stand up to the kids and they are heavy and good quality without being top-heavy or clunky. I couldn't have chosen a more perfect fit! They are honestly better than any I have ever thought of buying and the most beautiful stools I have ever seen!

Now all I have to do is clear all of the school papers, term life insurance offers and toys off the top of the snack bar so we can see it and use it. LOL!

No comments: