4/16/08

WFMW: Keeping Up


I don't know about you, but my calendar is getting fuller by the day. Sports practices, picnics, play dates, parties and cookouts will soon begin staking their claim on evenings and weekends for the next 6 months. I thought I'd pass on a tip for keeping up with all of our other duties while we're running around in circles.
When you have an event like a sports practice or play date, take something with you! Take a basket of clothes and fold them in your car. Take along the fixings for lunches for the next day (in a cooler if you need to) and make the kids' lunches while you watch. Take a basket of dirty clothes and a bottle of shout and pre-treat your stains. Any of these things will likely only take about 15 minutes and you can watch the practice or chat with friends afterwards, but it can make your load at home that much lighter when you get back.
This takes some getting used to and it takes a bit of discipline on your part, but it really helps and it works for me! For more tips, visit Rocks in My Dryer.
Make sure you come back for the latest coupons and deals in tomorrow's Nifty Thrifty Thursday!

No comments: