8/20/07

Those Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days of Summer

We had one very busy weekend around here!

Much of Saturday was spent putting flowers in. My in-laws gave us a bunch of mums, so we planted them in various spots in our landscaping and a few went out back by my daylilies. It was a great day for planting since the temperatures were more like fall than summer. I don't ever remember wearing jeans during the day in mid-August!

Matthew also had a birthday party to attend that afternoon. When I dropped him off, the birthday boy's mom asked if Steven would like to stay for the party as well. He was so excited by that and Matthew didn't mind one bit. I returned home to help Hubby finish planting.

By the time we got all of the flowers in, it was time to pick up the boys. I brought them home and got them ready for a little trip north.

After an hour drive and a mile walk, we arrived here:

Cleveland Browns Stadium. We watched the Browns play the Detroit Lions. We got 4 tickets on Ebay for about the face value of one of the tickets! We all had a lot of fun! Matthew and I particularly enjoy yelling, "De-Fense" and "Let's Go Browns" when the jumbo-tron is displaying them. They also played the state rock 'n' roll song, Hang on Sloopy, and we all did the "O-H-I-O" motions (kind of like the YMCA dance).

I got a better picture of the boys with Mike actually looking at the camera and smiling, but Matthew's eyes were all blurry in it.

The game ended with what many Browns fans have been waiting for...

Yep. That's Brady Quinn in the #10 jersey in his first NFL huddle.

I have to say that I am not yet a Brady Quinn fan. He played really well that night and threw 13 for 20 with 2 TD passes, BUT he was playing with our third string against Detroit's third string. That's not to say that he can't or won't do just as well with the first string, but it will take a little more time for me to say I am a fan of his.

I was a less than thrilled at the people who sat in front of us and felt they had to stand for the entire series after Quinn got in. No one was standing in front of them and we had 2 little kids with us. HELLOOO!!!

Anyway, we had a great time.

Sunday I had to tackle the rest of Matthew's school supply list and get some groceries. It was a rainy day, so everyone and their brother and their brother's kids were at the store. I was ready for a nap when I got home, but you know how that goes. I did get to relax a little, though so I can't complain.

I bought some bottles of glue (at 15 cents each) to make more of our homemade window clings with. I think they will come out much better being squeezed out of a bottle this time and at 15 cents each, they are way cheaper than the kit we bought in Canada.

It's pouring outside today as well and they're pretty much calling for rain all week. I don't have any babysitting kids today, so I plan to enjoy some time with the boys and maybe bake a few things while it's cooler outside.

4 comments:

Tim Appleton (Applehead) said...

#10 shouldn't get to play with the first string for a long time in my opinion. That what he gets for holding out......

Lisa said...

What a busy and fun weekend. LOVE that photo of the boys. They are SO adoreable.

Stephanie Appleton said...

Hope you are enjoying your day!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! The boys are so handsome!