8/31/07

Looking Forward to the Long Weekend

The first week of school should never be a full week. I'm convinced.

The first week of school should also not occur until after Labor Day, but that's a whole other can of worms I'm not willing to open for the fifty-millionth time this week. (WHY do we need so many in-service days and holidays?! Anyone?)

Anyhow, I am very ready for this long weekend followed by a payday. They changed our paydays to the 5th and 20th of each month which I've never ever heard of in all my life. What happened to the 1st and 15th? They just couldn't get the payroll info in by then or what? Sigh.

We don't have much planned for the weekend other than Matthew's first pee-wee football game as quarterback and a picnic with Mike's family. Steven has a date with Aunt Ea, Uncle Jesse and cousin Brayden this weekend to visit Idlewild. I will use the weekend to catch up on some housework that has been neglected while we adjust to the new schedules and some much needed R&R. The boys and my seasonal allergies are acting up and I'm sure all of the running we've been doing doesn't help that issue.

Well, I'm off to tackle my day! Have a great Friday!

2 comments:

Trixie Twatwaffle said...

5th and the 20th?? What is that??? Have a fabulous long weekend.

Rebekah said...

Oh I totally agree about not starting school til after labor day. Its been 100 degrees the past few weeks and parts of the school dont have a/c. Then the kids get out in the middle of May and its still too cool to enjoy summer-type activities.